Never be surprised by an oil change again! Enable your team to increase uptime by creating a Preventative Maintenance workflow in your Samsara dashboard. Create a preventative maintenance schedule, get reminders when upcoming service is needed, and keep a log of maintenance history for your vehicles and equipment.
A few examples of common Preventative Maintenance tasks:
- Oil change
- 3-Axle Alignments
- DEF System Service
- DPF Filter Cleaning
- Coolant Filter/Fluid Replacement
To get started:
- Create a new preventative maintenance schedule.
- Configure a scheduled maintenance alert to notify you of upcoming service.
- Resolve tasks for each preventative maintenance service.
See it in action:
- Create a basic one-size-fits-all oil change schedule for all VG-installed vehicles.
Tip: Provide a meaningful title and description of the preventive maintenance schedule.
Example Oil Change Mileage Intervals:
- Light-Duty Vehicles: Every 3,000 - 5,000 Miles
- Heavy-Duty Vehicles: Every 15,000 - 25,000 Miles
- Configure a scheduled maintenance alert to notify when upcoming oil changes needed.
Resolve tasks for the oil changes that are performed.
Things to consider:
- Will you document completed preventative maintenance services in real-time as services are performed (recommended) or generate them in batches after the service has been performed?
- Backdate a service log for the date the service was performed.