By using Samsara's AI Rolling Stop Detection safety feature, the CM31 and CM32 dash cam models can determine when a driver does not come to a complete stop at a stop sign and add these events to your Safety Inbox.
Reviewing Rolled Stops
To view rolled stops made by drivers in your fleet, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Fleet > Reports > Safety
2. Click the down arrow next to Event Type and select Rolling Stop. All rolling stop events under the selected date will populate.
Click on an event to view the rolled stop in detail, including a video, the date and time of the event, driver name, vehicle and a Safety Coaching script.
Rolled Stop Alerts
To be notified specifically when a driver rolls through a stop sign:
- Navigate to Alerts > Configure > Harsh Event
- On the Harsh Event alert configure page, select the Rolling Stop checkbox
- Configure the Vehicles this alert applies to setting for all vehicles, specific vehicles, or specific tags
- In order for an alert to be received, a contact must be selected to receive the alert either by phone (SMS) or email.
Configuring Speed Threshold
You can customize the level of sensitivity for detecting Rolling Stop events by navigating to Settings > Safety. The default setting is 10mph (15kph).
Select a desired level of sensitivity for detecting Rolling Stop events. More sensitive speed settings closer to 0 mph/0 kph will result in more Rolling Stop events in your Safety Inbox.
The available settings in the U.S. are: 0 mph, 5 mph, 10 mph, 15 mph in the U.S.
The available settings in Europe, U.K., Canada, and Mexico are: 0 kph, 10 kph, 15kph, and 25 kph in Europe, Canada, and Mexico.