The reset button is used to reset the system and optionally restore the factory default settings.
A reset retains the camera settings but triggers a reboot and reinitialization of the camera software. A restore will wipe all settings and restore the default factory settings.
There are two separate LEDs on the camera that are co-located next to each other: a red power LED and a green network LED. During normal operation, the power LED remains solid red and the network LED blinks green. During a restore, both LEDs will blink rapidly. When the restore is complete, the power LED will return to solid red and the network LED will return to blinking green.
Sometimes resetting the camera can return the device to normal operation. If any device problems remain after a reset, restore the factory settings and install again.
To reset and optionally restore the default settings on a Samsara Site IP camera:
- Press the recessed reset button and release it.
- Wait for the camera to reboot.
- Observe the behavior of the camera.
- If any additional problems are observed, initiate a factory restore: Press and hold the reset button until the status LED rapidly blinks. Upon successful restore, the status LED will
blink green and red during normal operation.
- Reinstall the camera if the problem is resolved.
- If the factory restore does not resolve your issue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.