The State Override ruleset feature can be useful in the case that your organization has operations where some drivers leave the state and some stay within. This feature allows you to set two different rulesets, which are automatically applied based on a gateway's GPS location.
1. Navigate to Settings > Compliance > State Override Driver Ruleset.
2. Select +Add a bounding state ruleset button at the top right, and a box titled Create a new ruleset will open up.
3. Fill out all fields to align with your desired state ruleset. Click the Save button when you finish.
1) The state override does not apply immediately. The state override will not be initially applied until the end of the current HOS cycle.
2) The driver will also need to select a vehicle in that State to see the appropriate rules.
3) If a driver leaves the state, they will be put back onto the Default rule-set until they return to the home state. After returning to the home state, there will be a 7 or 8 day cool-down period where they will still be subject to the default rules.