Creating a Driver
Follow these instructions to create a driver profile for your fleet. Once created, all driver information may be updated from the Driver page in Settings.
- Sign in to your Samsara Dashboard at https://cloud.samsara.com.
- Select the Settings (Gear Icon) tab.
- From Settings, you will want to select the Drivers page located under the Driver App tab on the left-hand side
- Once on the page with the list of drivers, select + Add a Driver to access the driver creation form.
- After entering all pertinent information, select Save at the bottom of the form.
Updating Driver Information
Once a driver's account has been created, the driver's profile information can be edited using the Edit button next to a driver's account name.
Deactivating and Reactivating Drivers
In the case of a driver leaving or rejoining a company, you can easily deactivate or reactivate the driver's status in your Samsara Cloud Dashboard.
Please note: Before deactivating a driver in your Samsara Cloud, it is important the driver has no active sessions in the app and has successfully signed out of the application.
- Log in to your organization in the Samsara Dashboard and navigate to Settings > Driver.
- To the right of the driver's name in the search results, you should see the option to Deactivate.
- Search the driver's name in the search box under Active Drivers.
- To the right of the driver's name in the search results, you should see 3 dots (...).
- Select the 3 dots (...) and you will see the option to Edit or Deactivate.
- A pop should appear asking Are you sure you want to deactivate DRIVER NAME? Select Ok.
When you deactivate a driver, their historical records will remain in the Samsara Dashboard. After 30 days, the driver's name will not appear in the Driver HOS report unless a date range is selected in which that driver was active in the dashboard.
If you would like to reactivate a driver:
- Select the Deactivated Drivers tab.
- To the right of the driver's name in the search results, you should see the option to Reactivate when you select the 3 dots (...).
- A pop-up should appear asking, "Are you sure you want to reactivate DRIVER NAME?".
- Select Ok.