Samsara Vehicle Gateways provide cloud connectivity for real-time and historical tracking of sensor data.
After you have Activated your Vehicle Gateway in the Samsara Dashboard, you can either watch the Vehicle Gateway Installation Video or follow the instructions below to install your Vehicle Gateway.
Each Vehicle Gateway kit comes with the device, corresponding cable for your diagnostic port, and mounting accessories. To install a gateway:
- Unbox the Vehicle Gateway.
- Connect one end of the provided cable to the diagnostic port in the vehicle, typically located below the steering column, and the other end to the Vehicle Gateway.
- Observe the light on the gateway connection port of the gateway. Initialization can take up to three minutes. During initialization, the light is orange. After initialization is complete and the gateway is connected to the Samsara Cloud, the light turns green.
- Return to the Samsara Dashboard to configure your settings.
Note: If the light flashes orange, the gateway is attempting to establish a WiFi or cellular connection to the Samsara Cloud. If it does not connect after three minutes:
- Verify that the installation and physical location of the gateway and the truck are not obstructed (for example, not in a garage).
- Perform a hard reboot: Unplug the gateway for 15 minutes, then plug it back in and take the vehicle on a short trip.
- Contact Support if a location does not report.