If you would like review longer spans of drive time than the standard one-minute Video Retrieval, hyperlapse is a way to enable up to one-hour footage retrievals without sacrificing the expedited, streamlined review.
Hyperlapse videos allow you to quickly review footage, find important events, or focus in on incidents that are more than a minute long. They are a great tool if you are not sure when an incident happened. Using the time overlay on Hyperlapse footage, you can zoom in on a particular time frame by following up with a standard one-minute retrieval at that start time.
To access this feature, go to Fleet > Safety > Video Retrieval.
- Click Request Video Retrieval.
- Select the vehicle, date, and start time for the incident of interest. At the bottom, toggle on Request Hyperlapse.
- Specify a duration. You can request Hyperlapse videos ranging from 5 minutes to 40 minutes of drive time. Longer durations will require more time to process and download, so the more specific the duration, the more efficient the retrieval time.
If the video is available, a green checkmark will be displayed:
The time overlay is available in the top right corner of the video. This can help identify the exact time frame an event occurs:
Please note that a number of factors might slow down the video retrieval:
- Is the vehicle at a location with a good cellular connection?
- How many videos were requested at once?
- Requesting a large number of videos at once for one gateway can cause the video retrieval to slow down substantially.
- For quicker video retrieval, do not make more than three video requests at once.