Fleet Administrators can change the name of any Vehicle Gateway in their Samsara Dashboard for easier vehicle selection in the Driver App.
Steps to Name a Vehicle via Overview
1. Navigate to overview
2. Select the vehicle you'd like to name. Click the three dots next to the name > Edit Vehicle
3. You'll see the gateway's specific settings, and you can name the gateway in the first field.
4. Scroll down and select Save
Steps to Name Gateway via Settings Page
- Navigate to Gateways
- Once the desired Gateway has been determined, click the Three Dots > Settings
- Edit Device name to the desired name
Note: If you are transferring your gateway from one vehicle to another and need to maintain historical vehicle records for HOS or IFTA purposes, please first contact Samsara Support at samsara.com/help