If you are replacing your VG34 gateway with a VG54 gateway, follow the below steps before driving the vehicle with the new gateway installed.
Gateway vs. Vehicle
VG34 Gateway: Samsara’s previous generation gateway that collects GPS, sensor, diagnostic, and dash camera data. The gateway sends data to the Samsara Dashboard.
VG54 Gateway: Samsara’s next-generation gateway that collects GPS, sensor, diagnostic, and dash camera data. The gateway sends data to the Samsara Dashboard.
Vehicle: the object in the Samsara Dashboard which contains the historic and current GPS, HoS, sensor, diagnostic, and dash camera data.
Replacing a VG34 Gateway with a VG54 Gateway in a Vehicle
- Do not install the VG54 gateway or drive the vehicle until instructed to do so.
- Remove the VG34 Samsara gateway from your vehicle.
- Activate the VG54 gateway into your organization. You can do this in your dashboard by navigating to Settings ( )> Devices > + Activate Devices or by going to cloud.samsara.com/activate.
- In the Samsara Dashboard, go to Settings ( ) > Devices and locate the Serial Number of the VG54 gateway. Select more options () > Pair Gateway.
- Link the name of the Vehicle in which you have installed the replacement gateway and Save. This will remove the VG34 gateway, but retain all data on the vehicle.
- Install the VG54 into the vehicle and attach/pair all accessories to the new gateway.
- All driving, GPS, diagnostics, and maintenance data will be saved to that vehicle. You can now drive the vehicle.
- In the gateway list, there will now be a Vehicle name without a Gateway associated with it. As long as you completed this process before driving the vehicle with the new VG54 gateway, you can delete this vehicle by selecting more options () > Settings > Delete Vehicle as there is no data associated with it.