Driving activity is segmented into trips, which is defined as traveling from a starting point to a stop or destination. The Trip History Report is used to show detailed trip information for each vehicle in your fleet. Trips are qualified using the following criteria:
- A trip begins when your vehicle achieves a speed of at least 5mph.
- A trip ends when your vehicle's speed remains below 5mph for 5 minutes or when your vehicle crosses a state or national border.
To access the Trip History Report on the dashboard, navigate to Fleet > Reports > Trip History.
- Asset: the asset that generated the trip with a samsara vehicle gateway
- the assets paired during the duration of the trip
- Selected by the same driver of the asset’s trip
- Gateway detected as paired via close proximity of location data during the trip
- Distance is calculated based on trips during the selected period. Note that trips are initiated when an asset moves faster than 5 mph and trips end when an asset moves slower than 5 mph.
You can filter by the Tag or Asset Type from the drop downs on the left of the screen or filter by Date using the calendar in the top right of the screen. You can learn more about filtering by date here.
Search Trips: You can keyword search historical trip start/end locations, asset name, and driver names.
Select ... to download a CSV of the information: