You can enable audio recording in vehicles equipped with audio recording dash cams. After you enable this feature, audio recording is enabled for existing devices only. For privacy concerns, all newly installed devices will need to have this setting manually enabled. Use the table below to view which dash cameras have the ability to record audio in addition to recording video footage.
Note: Enabling audio recording decreases the amount of video storage you have depending on the dash cam you are using. Users with explicit Live Streaming permissions can stream in-cab audio without impact to video storage.
|Camera Model||Default Storage||Storage with Audio Recording Enabled|
|CM32||60 hours||55 hours|
|CM22||40 hours||35 hours|
Enable Audio Recording
- From your Samsara Dashboard, navigate to Settings ( ) > Devices > Configuration > Cameras.
- Enable the Audio Recording setting and Confirm to save changes.
- Existing devices will automatically be enabled. For new devices, continue with this workflow. You can enable this feature on new vehicles using either of the following methods: Select the vehicle disabled link within the Audio Recording settings details or navigate to Settings > Safety > Fleet > Safety Settings.
- To enable audio recording on the camera of a specific vehicle, select Edit next to the vehicle to Edit Individual Vehicle Settings.
- Locate Audio Recording and select Enabled from the menu.
- Submit to save the settings.