The Coaching Effectiveness Report is intended to help you measure the effectiveness of your coaching program.
This report surfaces the driver's behaviors (Harsh Events labels), that have been coached and the number of behaviors that have been repeated after Coaching within the timeframe. The report also lists out any repeated behaviors and calculates the percentage of behaviors repeated since coaching.
Please refer to the article Harsh Events for more information on how they are determined, what happens when they occur, how to add or remove Harsh Event labels from a video in the Safety Inbox, and how to comment on them.
What Information this Report will Include
- Driver: the name of the driver
- # Behaviors Coached: the number of behaviors that have been coached in Harsh Event videos.
- For example: If one Harsh Event video in the Safety Inbox has the labels of 1) Harsh Brake and 2) Late Response, and the event was Coached, both of these are behaviors that have been Coached.
- # Behaviors Repeated: the number of unique labels in Harsh Event videos that have been repeated after coaching within the selected timeframe.
- Behaviors Repeated: the unique labels in Harsh Event videos that have been repeated after coaching within a selected timeframe.
- % Repeated: the percentage of behaviors repeated since coaching.
The data in the chart will match the timeframe selected in the top right. To adjust the timeframe, please refer to this article: Using the Calendar to Filter Information on the Dashboard
How to Access this Report from the Dashboard
To access the Coaching Effectiveness Report from the Dashboard, please click Fleet > Reports > Coaching > Effectiveness.
- All Camera customers have access to the Coaching report, and therefore access to the Coaching Effectiveness feature.