If you would like to test the installation of your dash cam so that it is working properly and positioned how you would like it, you may do so by taking a picture in the Gateway Settings.
This function is available during installation when the gateway is connected to the vehicle with power.
There are two ways to navigate to the Check Dash Cam Installation page.
From the Fleet Overview Page
1. Log into the Samsara Dashboard and Navigate to Map Icon > Overview.
2. Select a gateway from the Overview list.
3. Click on the three dots on the right and select Settings.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page until you see Check Dash Cam Installation.
5. Click the Take Picture button. After a few seconds, the photo(s) will show below the Take Picture button.
From the Gateways Settings Page
1. Navigate to Settings > Gateways > Click the three dots next to your dash cam > Settings.
2. Scroll down on the Gateway Settings page until you see Check Dash Cam Installation.
3. Click the Take Picture button. After a few seconds, the photo(s) will show below the Take Picture button.
Optional: Confirming driver view
1. Download the inward-facing still from the above Take Picture function.
2. Download the diagram(s) below:
Driver on left side of vehicle:
Driver on right side of vehicle:
3. Overlay the still on the diagram such that the edges of the photo align with the outer edges of the rectangular template (a presentation software may be useful for this step).
4. Change the camera location and repeat the above steps until the face is within the green oval.