The Messaging feature in the Samsara Driver App allows drivers and dispatchers to communicate via text in a safe format and without leaving the app.
1. The Messages icon will indicate when you have received a new message from dispatch.
2. Pressing the icon will open a 2-way messages channel between you and your dispatcher.
3. Messaging is safe with Samsara — messages cannot be viewed or sent while Driving.
Drivers can also enable and disable push notifications from the Notifications menu on the Settings page so it's even easier to stay in touch with Dispatch even when the app is minimized.
4. Messages can be safely played out loud to you while you are driving.
If your administrator has enabled Text to Speech for your organization, you can press Play to hear an unread message spoken out loud to you if you receive a message while you are driving. If you don’t want to Play any messages at that moment, you can press Dismiss All. This is only suited for messages sent in English and is only available in the US, UK, and Canada.
- You must be on app version 1.3.4 or later which can be downloaded or updated from the iOS App Store or the Android Google Play Store.
- Ensure that your phone is not on silent in order to hear the messages played out loud.