A driving team of two or more can manage their hours of service from one device using the Driving Team feature in the Driver App.
Important: All drivers must be signed into one device. While team driving, do not sign into the app on any other phone or tablet. If you are new to the Samsara Driver App, take a moment to review the basics in our User Manual before you begin Team Driving. You can also find some step-by-step video guides here. (Para videos en español, hacer click acá: Videos en español.)
Note: The images and instructions below are from the latest version of the app and may not match the visuals in the previous videos or user manuals. The majority of instructions are the same, with a few changes in terminology.
Part One: Create Your Team
- Have the first driver log in to the Driver App.
- Select Driving Team on the Home Screen of the Driver App.
- Select + Add Passenger.
- Enter the second driver's username and password.
- Tap Sign in.
Part Two: Get Ready to Drive
- Under the Passenger, tap View account.
- Click < Home in the top left corner.
- From the HoS screen, change the status to Sleeper Berth and click Save.
- The correct name will appear at the top of the Home Screen and Select Duty Status Screen.
- For any additional drivers who start in the sleeper berth, repeat steps 1, 2 & 3.
- In Driving Team, tap View Account below Driver.
- Begin driving and the driving time will go to the Driver's log automatically.
Part Three: Switch Drivers
- Once the first driver's shift is over, and you are stopped, go to the Home Screen.
- Click into HoS and change the status to Sleeper Berth and click Save.
- In Driving Team, tap Set as Driver under the Passenger.
- Begin driving and the driving time will go to the second driver's log automatically.
Part Four: Sign Out
When you are done team driving, go back to the Home Page and Sign Out. This will sign out everyone in the driving team. Only do this when you are all ready to go Off Duty.