The AG46 unpowered asset tracker is a wallet-sized tracker that is ideal for monitoring assets like intermodal containers, construction equipment, dumpsters, light towers, and other mobile assets.
The asset tracker features customizable GPS check-ins, a lithium battery that has a typical battery life of 3 years (when using 2 check-ins/day), and a waterproof and ruggedized enclosure.
The AG46 enables increased asset utilization, theft recovery, and optimized pool inventory management.
Activating the AG45/46 on the Samsara Dashboard
To activate your AG46, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Settings (Gear Icon) > Devices on your Cloud Dashboard.
2. Select +Activate Devices on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Enter the serial number found on the back of the device.
4. Select Activate Samsara Hardware.
For more detailed information regarding activating your asset gateway, please click here.
Installing the AG46
Your AG46 should arrive with a label including activation instructions. We highly recommend activating the AG46 device outdoors so that the gateway can register and connect to the cellular network without interference.
To install the AG46:
1. Peel off the protective sticker from the side of the asset tracker.
2. To activate the asset tracker, hold the pin in until the LED turns green ( about 1-5 seconds). Once the led turns green, release the pin. Once the button is released, the LED will stay green for 5 seconds to indicate the device has been activated.
Once your AG46 has been successfully activated, it should check in and show up on the dash within about 30 minutes. Keep in mind, the default check-in for the device is every 12 hours thereafter unless configured differently by your organizations settings.
Please note that the first check-in must be with an AT&T cellular tower. Please ensure the device is within a geographical area covered by AT&T.
If your device has still not checked in after these activation steps, or a test ping is desired, please see the troubleshooting guide
3. Use the provided alcohol wipe to clean the install surface.
4. Secure the asset tracker to the mounting service with either of the following mounting methods:
Place and hold the asset tracker against the location on which you want to mount it.
Mark the location for the screws.
Remove the asset tracker and drill small pilot holes in the screw location.
Secure the asset tracker to the mounting service using the provided screws and anti-theft bit.
- Without screws:
Place the provided VHB adhesive tape on the back of the asset tracker.
Press the asset tracker firmly into place.
5. Ensure that the asset with the AG46 installed is at least 4 feet away from any potential obstruction.
Note: It is not recommended to install the AG inside of any enclosures that could limit the device's line of sight to the sky, as this can reduce the performance of the tracker.
6. (Optional) Spray paint the asset tracker to camouflage it, but do not use a metallic paint which can interfere with antenna performance.