Basic Set Up
1. Select Settings (gear icon) at the bottom of your Fleet menu to view dashboard settings.
2. In Organization > General, enter the Organization Name and the Driver Fleet ID that you want your drivers to enter every time they log into the Samsara Driver App.
3. (Optional) Add a logo for your organization to your dashboard either by uploading or entering a web link to an image.
4. Configure your base location (Locale), Timezone, and Language settings. Both the Samsara dashboard and the Samsara Driver App use the settings as defaults when you add new drivers or administrators.
Create accounts for other administrators
Configure your Vehicle Gateways
When you first add a gateway, the Samsara Dashboard identifies it by serial number. To make gateways easier to identify, consider assigning your gateways a meaningful name. Drivers will use the gateway name to select a vehicle every time they sign into the Samsara Driver App.
- Select Settings (gear icon) at the bottom of your Fleet menu to view dashboard settings.
- In Devices > Devices > Gateways, select the gateway you want to rename.
- Click Rename at the top of the Gateways table. Alternatively, click the settings menu ( ... ) in the row of your gateway to view and edit all gateway settings.
- Enter a New name to identify the gateway.
- Save your changes. The dashboard displays the gateway using the new name.
- Configure additional gateway settings, as needed:
- You can enter a VIN or odometer reading if the engine does not automatically provide that information to the gateway.
Add your drivers
For each driver in your fleet, be sure to create a driver profile in Samsara. This account enables the driver to log into the Samsara Driver App to complete DVIR, HOS reports, view routes, communicate with fleet management staff, and perform other app functions.