If you are interested in using this integration, please reach out to your Samsara sales representative or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This integration enables a hardware-free solution for customers to connect their eligible General Motors (GM) vehicles to the Samsara platform via an API-based integration with OnStar Business Solutions.
Unlock the power of General Motors factory-installed telematics on the Samsara Connected Operations Cloud — achieving faster deployment through a hardware-free solution that eliminates supply chain and installation roadblocks.
The cloud-based Samsara turnkey integrations enable customers to seamlessly connect data from General Motors fleets directly to the Samsara dashboard.
The General Motors OnStart Business Solutions integration enables the following features:
- Manage mixed fleets in real-time, all in one integrated platform
- Turn real-time data into actionable insights and reports
- Simplify regulatory compliance and avoid violations
- Maximize uptime with proactive maintenance alerts and workflows
This following features are available from the Samsara dashboard:
General Availability in the United States.
- General Motors: Most model year 2015 and newer General Motors vehicles are eligible for this integration.
A Samsara sales representative can assist you in determining fleet eligibility.
- Samsara: None
- Contact your local General Motors Fleet Account Representative to obtain a Fleet Account Number (FAN).
- Contact your Samsara sales representative to purchase General Motors Integration Licenses.
- Activate the General Motors OnStar application on the Samsara dashboard:
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > Available Apps and search for OnStar Business Solutions.
- Install application by entering your FAN provided by General Motors.
- After the application is installed, add eligible General Motors vehicles using the Add Vehicle button on the top right hand portion of the screen.
- To activate a vehicle, navigate to the Inactive tab and activate the General Motors vehicles you want to add to the Samsara dashboard.
If you experience issues with OnStar Business Solutions, please contact OnStar by visiting https://www.onstar.com/us/en/contact_us.
If you experience issues within the Samsara dashboard, please contact email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all 2015 or newer General Motors vehicles eligible for the integration?
No - there are a few models that do not have the factory installed OnStar hardware. Contact your Samsara sales representative to determine eligibility of your General Motors fleet.
What do I do if I receive an “unable to authenticate account” error when attempting to install the General Motors OnStar app on Samsara?
Your General Motors Fleet Account may require acknowledging updated OnStar Business Solutions Terms and Conditions. Contact your local General Motors Fleet Account Representative to verify account status.
What do I do if I successfully enroll and activate a General Motors vehicle, however, GPS/location information is not updating on the Samsara platform?
Check the vehicles Privacy Settings in the vehicles infotainment system to ensure Location Services are enabled. Additional instructions can be found in the vehicle users manual.