This feature is in Beta and is not yet available to all customers. To enable this feature to test, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or the Technical Support Team.
To assist drivers who are having issues signing out, or to force a driver to exit their session, you can trigger a sign-out action for a particular driver from the Samsara Dashboard.
This can be useful in the following situations:
- A driver is still assigned to a vehicle even though their shift has ended, putting them at risk for HOS violations if that vehicle is moved
- A driver requires an update to the Samsara Driver App, which is triggered by signing out and signing back in
- You want to prevent unauthorized access to the Driver App (e.g. if a device is stolen)
NEW - Changes to Beta
We will be introducing a v2 version of the beta, with the following key changes:
- Remote sign-out will no longer be permitted when drivers are in the following duty statuses: Driving; Yard Move; Personal Conveyance;
- Drivers will retain their current duty status after being signed out.
- Admins in the EU will now be able to sign drivers out if they are using a tachograph.
How do I know if I'm on v1 or v2?
If your organization is on v1 of the beta, the banner you see in the Dashboard on pages where Remote Sign-Out is available will be:
Once the switch to v2 has occurred, the banner will instead read:
Triggering a Sign-Out
You can take this action from two locations in the Dashboard. The option is only visible if the driver is currently signed in to the Driver App.
NOTE: Drivers must be on v2130.600 or higher for the remote sign-out to work correctly.
Driver Overview Page
Go to Overview > Drivers > Individual Driver Page
Go to Compliance > Driver HOS > Individual Driver Report
Note - you can also sign out deactivated drivers from this path. Simply filter for deactivated drivers in the Driver HOS report.
Identifying Drivers Who Forgot to Sign out
To assist in identifying drivers who are potentially at risk for running into HOS violations because they forgot to sign out of the app, and still have a vehicle assignment at the end of their shift, we have added new capabilities to the HOS Report page
This column identifies the current vehicle assignment. It is also possible to sort on this column.
Vehicle Assignment Filter
An Admin can filter for users who have (or don’t have) a vehicle assignment
Please sign in to leave a comment.