Sync Samsara vehicle locations with NISC's utility management system to optimize vehicle dispatch to an outage location.
The integration includes the following features:
Sync vehicle GPS with NISC to show current location in their Outage Management System (OMS) so that managers can appropriately dispatch a vehicle to an outage location.
- API Token with Read Scope
SwingDev or XDS
SOW and subscription agreement to implement/support integration
- Reach out to one of the 3rd party System Integrator on Samsara's Expert Marketplace to confirm integration scope and get a quote:
- Complete SOW with selected 3rd party System Integrator
Create a Read Samsara API Token named "NISC Integration" with the following granular scopes (learn about how to create an API token here):
Read Vehicle Statistics
Notify your NISC rep that you want to enable vehicle location sync with Samsara (if you do not have an existing relationship with NISC, reach out through their contact form).
Ask for endpoint data for the GPS integration
- Provide list of Samsara vehicles to your NISC rep:
- The unique Samsara Vehicle ID will be used as the “Map Code” or "AVL ID" in NISC
- You can download your list of vehicles, including the unique Samsara Vehicle ID, under Settings > Devices > More Actions > Upload CSV > Click on "Gateways List". Column A will contain the Vehicle ID. Note that the report includes a "G" in front of the 15-digit number; this "G" should be removed, leaving the Samsara Vehicle ID that NISC will use for AVL ID.
- If you need help getting the unique Samsara Vehicle ID, ask Samsara Support.
- NISC will complete vehicle ID mapping in their software
- Send the Samsara API Token and NISC endpoint data to your selected 3rd party System Integrator to enable the integration
- Once enabled, vehicle position data will appear in NISC
For issues related to the integration, contact NISC Support or work with your selected 3rd party System Integrator: