Sync Samsara vehicle locations with Milsoft’s outage management system to optimize vehicle dispatch to an outage location.
With this integration, you can display your vehicle GPS in the Milsoft Outage Management System (OMS) so that managers can appropriately dispatch a vehicle to an outage location.
- API Token with Read Scope
SwingDev or XDS
SOW and subscription agreement to implement/support integration
- Reach out to one of the 3rd party System Integrator on Samsara's Expert Marketplace to confirm integration scope and get a quote:
- Complete SOW with selected 3rd party System Integrator
Create a Read Samsara API Token named "Milsoft Integration" with the following granular scopes (learn about how to create an API token here):
Read Vehicle Statistics
- Notify your Milsoft rep that you want to enable vehicle location sync with Samsara (if you do not have an existing relationship with Milsoft, reach out through their contact form).
- Ask for endpoint data for the GPS integration
- Provide list of Samsara vehicles to your Milsoft rep:
- The unique Samsara Vehicle ID will be used as the “Map Code” or "AVL ID" in Milsoft
- You can download your list of vehicles, including the unique Samsara Vehicle ID, under Settings > Devices > More Actions > Upload CSV > Click on "Gateways List". Column A will contain the Vehicle ID. Note that the report includes a "G" in front of the 15-digit number; this "G" should be removed, leaving the Samsara Vehicle ID that Milsoft will use for AVL ID.
- If you need help getting the unique Samsara Vehicle ID, ask Samsara Support.
- Milsoft will complete vehicle ID mapping in their software
- Send the Samsara API Token and Milsoft endpoint data to your selected 3rd party System Integrator to enable the integration
- Once enabled, vehicle position data will appear in Milsoft
For issues related to the integration, work with your selected 3rd party System Integrator: