Activate your Asset Gateway
For AG26, it is best to first add your AG26 gateways (using your gateway serial number) to your dashboard before physically installing your gateways on your assets (trailers, reefers, powered equipment, etc). This order of operations will ensure that your gateway will surface on your dashboard immediately upon physical installation. You will be able to view the gateway serial number of your AG26 on the gateway itself or in your order confirmation email.
If physical installation occurs prior to adding your AG26 gateway to your dashboard, please allow up to 24 hours prior to your AG26 appearing as activated on your dashboard. During this time, ensure that your asset with the gateway installed is outdoors with good cellular connectivity. If cellular connectivity is poor or if the gateway is located indoors, it may potentially take longer for the gateway to surface as activated on your dashboard.
For New Customers
- Locate the serial numbers for your Samsara Asset Gateway.
- Log into the Samsara Cloud Dashboard or go to https://cloud.samsara.com/activate.
- Enter the Hardware Serial for each Asset Gateway, pressing Enter after each entry.
- When done, select Submit. The Samsara Dashboard displays a green checkmark when the activation is successful.
- Continue to the Fleet View of your Samsara Dashboard.
For Existing Customers
- From your Samsara Cloud Dashboard, navigate to Settings (Gear Icon) > Gateways > +Activate Devices.
- Enter the serial number located on the back or side of the device.
- When done, select Submit.
Install an AG26 on a Dry Van Trailer with Tire Pressure Monitoring
- PressurePro gateway (LNK-100 (LNK LT)) purchased from PressurePro
- Pressure Pro sensors purchased from PressurePro
The PressurePro gateway and sensors can be purchased from PressurePro directly. PressurePro hardware will not be sold by Samsara. If customers inquire about procuring PressurePro hardware, please direct them to their local PressurePro dealer, direct them to PressurePro’s official website, or reach out to the Connected Equipment product team.
When you install an AG26 on a dry van trailer leveraging the CBL-AG-ATPM cable with a PressurePro gateway, you utilize the power interface from the pulling or towing vehicle using a 7-way cable while also connecting to a third-party tire pressure monitoring gateway from PressurePro. The trailer tire pressure monitoring integration has been developed in partnership with PressurePro and interfaces with a PressurePro gateway via an officially supported Y-split cable that connects to the harness of the PressurePro gateway.
After you install the AG26, it will operate in real time when power is supplied over the 7-way cable. Using this cable, the AG can draw power from the 7-way cable when it is plugged into a tractor and will operate in battery-save mode when not connected to tractor power.
Installing the AG26 on a dry trailer with the CBL-AG-ATPM cable:
- Add your gateways to your dashboard if you haven't already.
- Select the desired mounting location and clean thoroughly with a cleaning wipe. For best results using solar charging, mount in a location with sun exposure.
- Attach mounting plate with adhesive strips. Secure with 4 self-tapping screws if desired.
- Mount asset gateway onto mounting plate with 4 flat-end screws.
- Plug the 7-way cable into the asset gateway and run cable to the 7-way connector.
- The light on the asset gateway will turn on for 30 seconds if the connection is successful. If the light down not turn on, reseat the cable on both ends and observe the light.
- Connect cable to the 7-way connector.
- Connect the 4-pin connector on the y split cable from Samsara to the mating 4 pin connector coming from the PressurePro gateway.
- Use the zip ties to fasten the cable to the trailer.
Dashboard set up
After successfully installing the AG26 to connect to the appropriate PressurePro gateways, users can visit their trailer page to view tire pressure data once the AG26 and the PressurePro gateway receives power as well as the tire maintenance page.