Carriers may use Samsara's HOS data to feed into third party systems such as a TMS or payroll system. Accuracy of driving logs is important to ensure appropriate route planning or driver compensation. With the upcoming changes to managing automatically recorded drive time, admins will be unable to modify automatically recorded Drive time. This may cause potential downstream issues with these third party systems. We want to provide admins with an easy way to identify these driving segments via the API so that adjustments to third party systems can be made.
1. For edits to automatically recorded Drive time, admins should make a remark only edit to indicate why the drive time should not be attributed to the driver.
2. Drivers will need to accept this remark only edit.
3. For users who wish to easily identify these segments via the API, a standard remark specific to this scenario should be typed. Samsara will be adding the remark: "Misattributed Duty Status Time" to the Driver App for drivers to enter.
4. To query for segments with these remarks, simply query for your drivers with the GET HOS Logs API Endpoint.
6. This call will return log information, including the unique remark used for this incorrectly attributed Drive time.
7. Searching for this remark will return all relevant duty statuses that should not be associated with the driver.
8. Using this method, carriers can set up regular calls to pull this information so that the third party systems (TMS or Payroll etc.) may be adjusted on an ongoing basis.
Note: At the moment, only remarks made by admins will show up in the hos logs endpoint. Manual remarks added by drivers will not show up.
Please sign in to leave a comment.