Please note that this feature is in Beta.
In-cab voice coaching alerts provide your drivers with immediate feedback to correct speeding violations while driving across roads with different speed limits. The in-cab voice coach will alert the driver if the vehicle speed is either a set miles per hour (mph) or percent above the posted limit.
This feature leads to two key benefits for your fleets:
- Overall reduction in unsafe behaviors
- Fuel savings: speeding drivers have a highway MPG that is 2.7% lower than all other drivers
After in-cab speeding alerts are enabled, the CM31 or CM32 device will play this sound when the vehicle has exceeded the speed limit for 5 seconds and will repeat every 10 seconds until the vehicle reduces to a speed below the threshold.
Speeding: Driving over the speed limit of the road
CM31 or CM32: Camera model required for this feature
In-Cab Alerts: Audio alerts from the CM31 or CM32 module that provide real-time feedback to drivers to correct unsafe behavior, such as speeding.
Modify in-cab speeding alerts for a single vehicle
To modify the settings for a specific vehicle, perform the following workflow:
- Navigate to your fleet Overview ( ) > Assets.
- Locate the asset and select more options (...) to edit the vehicle information and settings. You can select Enabled, Disabled, or Default to organization setting.
- Configure your alert.
- Save your settings.
Enable in-cab speeding alerts for multiple vehicles
To enable in-cab speeding alerts, perform the following workflow:
- Navigate to your fleet Settings ( ) from your cloud dashboard.
- From Fleet, select Safety.
- You have the option to enable in-cab speeding alerts for your entire fleet or a subset of vehicles in bulk:
- To enable for your entire fleet: select the Coaching tab. Within Voice Coaching, enable In-Cab Speeding.
- To enable for a subset of vehicles: select Edit Individual Vehicles from the top of the page. Select the vehicles to apply the setting and Edit Vehicles to view and modify the vehicle safety settings. Scroll to the in-cab speeding alert settings.
- Configure your alert.
- Submit to save your individual vehicle settings or Save if applying the settings for your fleet.
Configure the in-cab speeding alert
You can customize the trigger for your vehicles to receive the in-cab speeding alert:
- Fixed amount over the speed limit: The in-cab alert triggers after the driver exceeds the road’s speed limit by a fixed amount (units in mph or km/h).
- Percentage over the speed limit: The in-cab alert triggers after the driver exceeds a percentage above the speed limit.
- Time spent over the speed limit before alert. The default value is 60 seconds and can be customized to any value over 60 seconds.
To review if an in-cab speeding alert was triggered for a vehicle, navigate to the vehicle show page and select a trip to review. The trip detail pages displays yellow exclamation marks that show speeding events along the vehicle’s trip path. If a vehicle has been continuously speeding, the trip trip page displays a single exclamation for every minute the vehicle stays over the speed limit.
To view the incident report with the vehicle speed and speed limit data, select the speed event.