1. Moxa Expansion Module (AI or DI)
2. IG21 activated on cloud.samsara.com
3. Full-Admin permissions
To set up a simple direct connection with the Moxa expansion, follow the following instructions:
1. Plug in Moxa to IG21 via Ethernet, make sure both are powered and the IG21 has a green status light.
2. Update your Industrial Gateway's Static IP, In Settings > Gateways, Click on the connected IG21s settings and update your IG21 Static IP to 192.168.127.xxx (use an unused IP address available on this subnet).
3. In Settings > Third Party Devices (Devices) - Create a "Third Party Device" within the organization that the IG21 (link) utilizing Modbus TCP with the IP Address 192.168.127.254 Port 502.
4. Set up Read Input Registers. These will start from 0-16 by default for all Moxa Expansion devices.
For more advanced configurations (multiple Expansion cards, Counter setup, multiple Moxa setup, custom IP / Modbus addresses) please reach out to your technical point of contact or Industrial Support.