1. Moxa Expansion Module (AI or DI)
2. IG21 activated on cloud.samsara.com
3. Full-Admin permissions
To set up a simple direct connection with the Moxa expansion, follow the following instructions:
1. Plug in Moxa to IG21 via Ethernet, make sure both are powered and the IG21 has a green status light.
2. Update your Industrial Gateway's Static IP, In Settings > Gateways, Click on the connected IG21s settings and update your IG21 Static IP to 192.168.127.xxx (use an unused IP address available on this subnet).
3. In Settings > Third Party Devices (Devices) - Create a "Third Party Device" within the organization that the IG21 (link) utilizing Modbus TCP with the IP Address 192.168.127.254 Port 502.
4. Set up Read Input Registers. These will start from 0-16 by default for all Moxa Expansion devices.
To assign a specific IP to your Expansion cards and perform additional advanced configurations (ie, when daisy-chaining multiple Moxa Expansions they will need unique IP addresses), you will need to connect a computer directly to the Moxa unit via ethernet and sign into the web console. Please follow the instructions included in your Moxa expansion.
For more advanced configurations (multiple Expansion cards, Counter setup, multiple Moxa setup, custom IP / Modbus addresses) please reach out to your technical point of contact or Industrial Support.