To help troubleshoot user issues, administrators can log into the Samsara Dashboard as the user experiencing the problem.
This feature is available to all Full Admins and custom role users with the permission to “Log in as Other Users” under the “Advanced” section of custom roles.
How to Use
Navigate to Settings > Users & Roles
Search or locate the user account that you wish to log in as and click Log in as User
You will now see a purple banner at the top of the dashboard, telling you who you are logged in as
We require you to toggle between Read Only and Writes Enabled
With Read Only mode, you will be blocked from performing write actions (such as updating vehicle information, adding a driver, creating a route, etc.)
With Writes Enabled, any actions you take on behalf of this user cannot be undone
For security, these measures apply when administrators and support users log in as another user:
- The act of logging in and logging out as another user is tracked in the Activity Log.
- All actions taken while the user is logged in as another user are tracked as being performed by that user.
- All sessions logged in as another user are set to expire after 4 hours.
- A user can only log in as a user if they have access to do so over all domains.
- For example, if a user has access to log in as another user for a single tag, they will not be able to log in as any users who belong to any other tags. Similarly, if a user has access to log in as another user for a single organization, they will not be able to log in as any users who belong to any other organizations.