Customer have the ability to integrate Samsara with Penske' Maintenance Platform. This integration is owned and managed by a third-party System Integrator called Assured Telematics (ATI).
This integration is owned and managed by Assured Telematics (ATI), a 3rd party System Integrator on Samsara's Experts Marketplace. There is a monthly fee for this integration.
This integration enables the following:
- Ability to view defects submitted through Samsara DVIRs that drivers fill out in Penske
- Ability to resolve those defects in Penske and have that resolved status filter back into Samsara
NOTE: when defects on an Unsafe DVIR are deemed not necessary to be resolved by Penske, you will need to acknowledge and resolve those defects within the Samsara dashboard before the vehicle can be operated in order to be compliant with FMCSA regulations (section 396.12c).
More information on how to resolve defects and DVIRs can be found here.
- There are no specific version requirements for the Penske system
- Generate a Full Admin API Token for the integration
- License agreement
To inquire about the integration and set up, reach out to your Penske representative or email email@example.com.
ATI manages integration deployments. ATI prices the integration at $4/unit per month (a unit is defined as a vehicle or a trailer). If you don't already have a relationship with ATI, reach out on their site.
Follow these steps for ATI to install the integration:
- Add "Penske Mechanic" (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a "Maintenance" role user for the Entire Organization in your Samsara dashboard (more on adding a user here).
- Create a Full Admin API Token named "Penske DVIR Integration" (more on how to create an API token here).
- Send the following to Gillian Houghton at ATI (email@example.com):
- Your Samsara org URL
- Samsara API token
- Number of assets that will be enabled
- If you would only like to enable vehicles with certain Samsara Tags, please provide those Tags to ATI so that they can configure the integration for just those Tags
- Customer contact name & email for billing
For issues with the integration, please contact Gillian Houghton at ATI (firstname.lastname@example.org). When reaching out, include your Samsara and Penske account representative.