Customer have the ability to integrate Samsara with Penske' Maintenance Platform. This integration is owned and managed by a third-party System Integrator called Assured Telematics (ATI). This integration allows the following
- Ability to view defects submitted through Samsara DVIRs that drivers fill out in Penske
- Ability to resolve those defects in Penske and have that resolved status filter back into Samsara
NOTE: when defects on an Unsafe DVIR are deemed not necessary to be resolved by Penske, you will need to acknowledge and resolve those defects within the Samsara dashboard before the vehicle can be operated in order to be compliant with FMCSA regulations (section 396.12c).
More information on how to resolve defects and DVIRs can be found here.
- There are no specific version requirements for the Penske system
- Generate a Full Admin API Token for the integration
To inquire about the integration and set up, you can reach out to your Penske representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org. ATI prices the integration at $4/unit per month (a unit is defined as a vehicle or a trailer)
In order for deployment to occur, you will need to help ATI with the following:
- Add "Penske Mechanic" (email@example.com) as a Maintenance role in your Samsara dashboard
- Provide your Samsara Organization ID
- Provide a Full Admin API Token named "Penske DVIR Integration". For more on how to create an API token, see here
- If you would only like to enable certain Samsara Tags, provide those Tags to ATI so that they can configure the integration for just those Tags
For issues with the integration, please contact Gillian Houghton at ATI (firstname.lastname@example.org). When reaching out, include your Samsara and Penske account representative.