It's important for your drivers to prepare and know what to do in case of a roadside inspection.
Before your Inspection
- Verify driver information on the Roadside Inspection page in the Samsara Driver application.
- Locate the Required In-Cab Documents by ELD Mandate.
Roadside Audit Requirements
ELD Required In-Cab Materials:
- Driver App User Manual
- DOT Inspection Sheet
- 8 days of paper logs
During a Roadside Inspection
If requested by the inspector, the driver can send their notebooks.
Transfer your Electronic Notebook (Logbook)
- Navigate to HoS in the Samsara Driver Application.
- Tap Roadside ( ) to continue to the Roadside Inspection screen.
- Drivers can choose to enter a PIN code to lock the device to the Roadside Inspection screen, or choose to Continue without lock.
- The 4-digit PIN is set by the driver every time they enter the Roadside Inspection screen
- If entered, the 4-digit PIN is the only method to reenter the Driver App home screen
- If the driver forgets the PIN, the driver may sign out of the app and log back in using their normal username and password
- On the Roadside Inspection screen, select Transfer to send logs.
- The driver has two options to send the data file:
- Wireless Web Services (Preferred): The normal and approved method for sending Logs /RODs in a roadside inspection. Transfer goes directly to the DOT's system eRODs.
- Email: Does not send files to eRODs, but directly to a selected email address (less common, but some officers will request this of a driver).
- The inspection page will show Red buttons if the driver does not have the necessary driver profile information required for transfer.
- Clicking these buttons will show the information that is needed.
* Note: The transfer process will take a few minutes to complete