Fleet Admins can use the Safety Manager feature to assign a dashboard administrator to a Harsh Event. This helps organize who should take the appropriate next steps with a driver, such as proceeding with coaching or reviewing the event.
Creating a Safety Manager List
Those who have Full Admin or Tag Admin permissions will automatically show up in the Safety Manager drop down list. Users with Read-only permissions will not show up in the Safety Manager drop down list.
If you are setting up a custom role for Safety Managers, there are four required permissions to ensure the users appear in the Safety Manager drop down list.
- Essentials > Reports/General
- (1) View reports page, trip history, time on site, and equipment report
- Safety > Inbox and Report
- (2) View safety inbox, safety report, dash cam pages, visual review, and other applicable pages, and view videos of events surfaced in safety inbox
- (3) Edit safety events (add labels on events, add safety managers, and add comments)
- Settings > Additional Admin Settings
- (4) View general settings, admins, tags, roles, sensors, gateways, HOS/DVIR, trailers & assets and activity log in settings
How to Assign a Safety Manager
- Navigate to Overview > Reports > Safety Inbox
- Click on a Harsh Event from the results
- At the top right next to the date of the harsh event, you will see a Safety Manager field
- Click on the drop-down menu to choose a safety manager from the dashboard admin list
- The assigned Safety Manager will now be displayed next to each event in the Safety Inbox
- You can filter or sort your Safety Inbox based on Safety Manager assignments
Safety Manager Notifications for Harsh Events
When a user is assigned as a Safety Manager to a Harsh Event, an automatic email notification will be sent to them.
The email will contain the subject line Action needed: Review harsh event and the body of the email will say Hello, You’ve been assigned as Safety Manager for a harsh event. Please review this video [link].
- An email won't trigger if you assign yourself to a harsh event.
- Safety Managers will receive one email per harsh event that they are assigned to
- Full admins can turn these email notifications off for their organization using the toggle on the Settings > Cameras & Safety page