Fleet Admins can use the Coach feature to assign a dashboard administrator to a Safety Event. This helps organize who should take the appropriate next steps with a driver, such as proceeding with coaching or reviewing the event.
Creating a Coach List
Those who have Full Admin or Tag Admin permissions will automatically show up in the Coach drop down list. Users with Read-only permissions will not show up in the Assigned Coach drop down list.
If you are setting up a custom role for Coaches, there are four required permissions to ensure the users appear in the Coach drop down list.
a. Essentials > View Drivers
b. Essentials > View Gateways
c. Essentials > View Reports
d. Safety > Edit the Safety Inbox
How to Assign a Coach
- Navigate to Overview > Safety
- Click on a Safety Event from the results
- At the top right next to the date of the safety event, you will see a Coach field
- Click on the drop-down menu to choose a Coach from the dashboard admin list
- The assigned Coach will now be displayed next to each event in the Safety Inbox
- You can filter or sort your Safety Inbox based on Coach assignments
Coach Notifications for Safety Events
When a user is assigned as a Coach to a Safety Event, an automatic email notification will be sent to them.
The email will contain the subject line Action needed: Review safety event and the body of the email will say Hello, You’ve been assigned as Coach for a safety event. Please review this video [link].
- An email won't trigger if you assign yourself to a safety event
- Coaches will receive one email per safety event that they are assigned to
- Full admins can turn these email notifications off for their organization using the toggle on the Settings > Safety > Coaching page