Routes aren't always run exactly as planned. Samsara's Routing features allow you to let drivers manually complete a route stop, in case they didn't complete a job at the exact scheduled time or location.
Driver Manual Stop Completion for Drivers
Manual Stop Completion is an optional feature you may offer your drivers.
The setting is fleet-wide and cannot be applied to individual drivers when a driver completes a stop, you will be able to see this under the Route and Stop Detail pages and route-related Live Sharing links.
1. The driver logs into the Driver App then selects a vehicle.
2. The driver selects the red Routes button, then chooses their route under the Today tab by selecting Tap to view route.
3. Any route job will automatically be marked as completed if the driver did stop at the assigned location within the route's scheduled time window.
4. The driver can manually mark a job as arrived by tapping the job, then selecting "Manually arrive" and selecting the time, then hit Submit to finalize.
5. Next, the driver will be prompted to select the "Manually depart" option and enter the time of the departure, then hit Submit to finalize.
6. Manual route completion requires that the arrival and departure times are submitted at once and cannot later be edited within the Driver App. If you need to make a change, you may edit the route stop in the Samsara dashboard.
Adding or editing completed stops in the Samsara Dashboard
As a fleet manager, you can also manually complete a route stop or edit any manually or automatically generated stop in the dashboard.
1. Navigate to Fleet > Routes, then select the date of the route at the top right corner of your screen.
2. Click on the route to view it in detail, then click on the stop you want to complete or edit.
3. On the following Stop Detail page, view the Actual Arrival time at the left of your screen, and click edit to add Arrival and Departure dates and times.