Before you can enable outward camera AI Event Detection features, you will need to configure the lane positions of your vehicles.
Configuring lane positions is a required activation step for Forward Collision Warning and Tailgating Detection. The outward camera AI Event Detection features will only work for vehicles with lane positions configured.
How to Configure Lane Positions
To access this feature, navigate to Settings > Safety
- Find the Event Detection section and toggle this ON. The toggle will turn green when it is on
- Click on Configure Lane Positions
- Search for a specific vehicle’s name or configure lane positions for all vehicles in the fleet
- Click Edit Lane Position to begin configuring.
- Since a large number of dash cams have off-center installs, we’ve created a Region of Interest (ROI) Configuration tool to allow customers to correct this without reinstalling cameras. Click on the intersection for the vertical and horizontal region of interest, which includes:
- The approximate center of the lane that the vehicle is currently driving in AND
- The horizon of the road
- You will see a blue horizontal and vertical line appear where you’ve selected
- You can adjust the lane positions as many times as needed
- When you are done configuring vehicle(s) on the page, select Apply Changes to save your settings
- Vehicles that have been configured before will have a red DONE badge
- Vehicles are listed in a static order, alphabetical by device ID on the Lane Positions Settings page
- For optimal results, open your browser on a monitor or large screen
- You may need to re-configure lane positions more than once per vehicle
- Vertical lane positions are difficult to configure when the vehicle is merging or changing lanes, the road is curved, or there is poor visibility. We recommend you check back later for a new still image for these cases.