As part of the Roadside Inspection, you can transfer your logs to the inspection authority.
Note: Internet connection is required to transfer logs. If your device is using the Samsara hotspot, the vehicle gateway must be within range of the device to transmit the logs. If you are unable to transfer logs due to lack of internet connectivity, the inspecting officer can alternatively view the logs on the mobile device using the DOT Inspection Screen (see workflow).
- From the Roadside Inspection screen, tap Transfer.
- Acknowledge or address any Samsara Driver App notifications before continuing.
- Select the preferred transfer method for your region. You will observe a transfer error if any data is missing from your submissions. Contact your Fleet Administrator to resolve any transfer errors.
United States Transfer Methods:
- Wireless Web Services: This is the preferred log transfer method in the United States. The Samsara Driver App transfers logs directly to the inspection official's Electronic Record of Duty Status (eRODS) software
- E-mail to DOT: Sends logs directly to an e-mail address (less common, but some officers will request this).
- E-mail to Myself: Sends logs to the e-mail address associated with your driver account
Canada Transfer Methods:
- E-mail to Canadian Government: This is the preferred log transfer method in Canada. The Samsara Driver App transfers logs directly to the transportation authority in the Canadian Government.
- E-mail to Myself: Sends logs to the e-mail address associated with your driver account.