Note: The AG46 improves battery functionality from the AG45. All information regarding AG45 support, installation, and feature compatibility apply to AG46. Samsara will continue to provide support and updates to the AG45. The AG46 also offers better battery visibility with estimated battery level percentage displayed on the dashboard. AG46 is currently available in the US, Canada, Mexico, the UK and EU.
Troubleshooting Your AG45/46
In the case that you need to troubleshoot your AG45/46, included below are some steps to take based on the behavior observed.
- Press button twice, releasing quickly each time by holding the button down for less than one second each.
- The AG45/46 will display a sequence of LED lights to indicate its status. Refer to the table below for the status and recommended actions.
|LED Signal||Status||Action to Perform|
|Solid green for 5 seconds||Active / No errors||None needed|
|Solid orange for 5 seconds||Not Activated||Activate device|
|2 orange flashes||No LTE||Ensure the device is in an area with cellular reception|
|5 orange flashes||Backend Error||Contact support|
|8 orange flashes||Modem Error||Attempt Reset, Contact support|
Asset Page Status
- Check the status of your AG46 on the asset page. If the asset page is showcasing a "Gateway in hibernation" banner, the battery level of the AG46 may have dropped to a level requiring the gateway to transition to hibernation mode.
- Once the banner is confirmed, the AG46 will require replacement. Please submit an RMA request to samsara.com/help to replace the unit.
Note that this hibernation status is only relevant for AG46 devices.
No Initial Location is Showing
- Please ensure that the AG45/46 is properly activated. For more information, click here.
- Check the physical location. AG45/46s must be outside for the GPS to catch a location. The first check-in must be with an AT&T cellular tower.
- The location can take up to 12 hours to appear after activation. Once activated, please leave outside for 12 hours or overnight to ensure the device has logged a location.
- Complete a forced reset by using the pin to push and hold the button for 15 seconds. If the device is already activated, the light flashes green three times and turns solid green to indicate a successful reset. If the device is not activated, the light will turn green before 15 seconds. At 15 seconds, the light will flash 3 times and the user must release the button. See the image below for a reference.
- If all troubleshooting steps are unsuccessful, please submit an RMA request to samsara.com/help to replace the unit.
No Green Light on the Gateway
This behavior is expected. The light only turns green during activation and when the button is used for troubleshooting.
The AG45/46 Stopped Checking-In or is in a Stale Location
- Check the physical installation of the AG45/46. Ensure that the device outside and there are no large obstructions between the device and the sky.
- Complete a forced reset by using the pin to push and hold the button for 15 seconds. If the device is already activated, the light flashes green three times and turns solid green to indicate a successful reset. If the device is not activated, the light will turn green before 15 seconds. At 15 seconds, the light will flash three times and the user must release the button.
- If the AG45/46 fails to send a location to the cloud and you have set the AG45/46 to a continuous check-in rate at any point, it is likely that the batteries have died. If this is an AG45, please submit an RMA request to samsara.com/help to replace the unit. If this is an AG46, the batteries can be replaced with Fanso batteries.