The Users & Roles page allows you to invite new users, edit existing users, and configure custom roles for users at the company-wide level or at the tag level.
Inviting a new user
1. Start by navigating to Users & Roles
2. Select + Invite User.
3. Enter in the new admin’s email address and decide what level of access you would like them to have (Entire Organization or a specific tag).
4. Enter the Email Address for the new administrator, select the Role that this administrator should receive, and their Access level. Then select Save.
5. If you select a custom role, you will be able to quickly view by selecting the arrow icon and hovering over the View/Edit permissions.
6. If you selected a custom role and wish to modify that role, select the pencil icon to edit the role in a new tab.
7. Once you're ready to send the invite, select Save. The invitation will appear in the Pending Invitations tab until the new admin checks their email and accepts the invite.
If you do not see any pending invitations, please reload your page. To learn how to accept an invite, click here.
Modifying Existing Users
1. To modify an existing user, click the three dots symbol (...) next to the right of the user's name.
2. To change the role of the user, select the Role dropdown and choose a new role.
3. To change the access for the user, select the Access dropdown and choose a new access level.
4. To add a new role for the user, select Add role and choose a new Role/Access pair for that user.
5. To remove a role for the user, select the trash icon next to the Role/Access pair you wish to remove.
1. To remove an administrator, select the three dots symbol (...) to the right of the user's name.
2. Select Delete, then a new pop-up will appear asking you to confirm. Select Delete again to finalize.
Standard Roles and Permissions Descriptions
Organization full admins have the ability to make any and all configuration changes throughout the entire organization, including the ability to view and manage the organization’s financial information, related to billing, invoicing, licensing and more. It is the highest permission level in the Samsara dashboard for the entire organization.
Organization standard admins have the ability to edit the Samsara dashboard and make non-financial configuration changes for the entire organization, but they cannot access billing and financial information. Organization standard admin’s permissions include adding drivers, renaming devices, creating/deleting tags, etc. Organization standard admins have full access to all tags within the organization. Tag-level standard admins do not have access to other tags and cannot edit tags.
Standard Admin (No Dash Cam Access) has access to what is described above with the exception of viewing or retrieving dash cam images or footage.
Read-only administrators have the ability to view everything across all tags in the organization but are unable to make any configuration changes nor can they view or create API tokens. They also cannot access billing and financial information.
Read-Only Admin (No Dash Cam Access) has access to what is described above with the exception of viewing or retrieving dash cam images or footage.
Dispatch Admins have read-only access to the Overview section of the fleet dashboard and edit access to the Dispatch section of the dashboard.
Maintenance Admins have view access to the Overview section of the fleet dashboard and edit access to the maintenance and environment sections of the dashboard.
Billing Admins only have edit access to the Billing section of the dashboard.
Adding Custom Roles
1. Start by navigating to the Roles tab.
2. Select Add Role from the upper right corner.
3. Name your role and choose which permissions you would like included in the role.
4. Click Save.
Modifying Custom Roles
1. Select the role you wish to modify.
2. Modify the role by editing the name or checking/unchecking any permissions in the role.
3. Click Save.
Removing Custom Roles
1. Select the role you wish to delete.
2. If the role is currently assigned to any users, you may not remove the role.
3. If the role is not currently assigned to any users, click Delete.