The AG41 Unpowered Asset Tracker is ideal for monitoring high-value mobile assets including rail cars, intermodal containers, construction equipment, dumpsters, portable toilets, and lifts.
It features a GPS check-in per day, a high-capacity battery that lasts 2 years, and a waterproof and ruggedized enclosure. After you activate the AG41 Unpowered Asset Tracker, it will conduct a check-in with the Samsara Cloud every 12 hours.
Activating your AG41 on the Samsara Dashboard
To activate your AG41, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Settings (Gear Icon) > Gateways on your Cloud Dashboard.
2. Select +Activate Devices on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Enter the serial number found on the back of the device.
4. Select Activate Samsara Hardware.
Once activated, the AG41 will conduct a check-in with the Samsara Cloud Dashboard every 12 hours.
For more detailed information regarding activating your asset gateway, please click here.
Installing the AG41
1. Carefully choose the mounting location.
- It is recommended to mount the AG41 Unpowered Asset Tracker in a hidden location such as behind an outside ledge or under the body of the asset.
- Avoid storing your AG41 in areas without GPS reception, such as metal sheds or multi-story warehouses.
- Protect the battery from extreme cold or heat, and never expose the device to a temperature above 176° Fahrenheit (80° Celsius) or below -40° Fahrenheit (-40° Celsius).
2. Attach the cap to the AG41 Unpowered Asset Tracker.
3. Screw-in the end cap to activate the device.
4. Mount the AG41 Unpowered Asset Tracker using self-tapping screws or very-high-bond tape (both included with the device). Zip ties or mounting bolts can also be used.
5. If the device is not in us (such as devices on seasonal assets), remove the cap to disable connectivity.