*Please note: This feature is currently in testing and is not yet available to all organizations.
The Out of Route Alert provides real-time visibility to your routed vehicles, alerting you when a vehicle has deviated from its intended route. This allows you as a fleet manager to monitor unnecessary stops and potential theft in real-time.
Creating Out of Route Alerts
You can set up an Out of Route Alert in the Alerts Configure page in the dashboard:
- Go to Alerts > Configure > Select Out of Route alert.
- Select which Vehicles alert applies to.
- All vehicles - alert applies to all vehicles assigned to a Route
- Specific tags - alert applies to vehicles with user-selected (link to tags KB article) tags assigned to a Route
- Specific vehicles - alert only applies to specified vehicles assigned to a Route
- Set Route buffer: this is a mileage buffer around the entirety of the Route path. An alert will be sent if a vehicle is off of the Route by this distance or more.
- Set Time threshold: how long vehicle must be outside of route buffer before alert fires
Note: Route path is the path between stops.
The alert will apply to vehicles currently assigned to Routes as well as vehicles assigned to Routes in the future.