This feature is currently in beta. If you are interested in accessing this report, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fleet Electrification report highlights which light-duty vehicles in your fleet are most qualified for replacement with Electric Vehicles (EVs).
To access this report, navigate to Reports > Fleet Electrification.
This report uses six major criteria to determine whether or not a vehicle is suitable for electrification:
- Lifetime usage: You’ll likely want to replace your vehicles with the most mileage, first.
- Average daily range: EVs in the market today can drive up to 200 miles on a single charge. To combat range anxiety, this report showcases vehicles that currently fit that range value on an average basis.
- Max range: In order to minimize times in which your drivers get range anxiety, there is a cap on the max range, to ensure that drivers are not-as-stressed about charging their EVs during the day.
- Average fuel efficiency: If your fuel economy is low, you can save a lot of money by going electric.
- Estimated annual fuel savings: Based on the national average fuel cost, or your organization’s fuel cost number.
- Estimated annual emissions saved: Based on the national average emissions per gallon of gas you would not use.
This electrification methodology has been set to apply to your light-duty vehicles (i.e. vehicles weighing less than 6,000 lbs):
- Must have a minimum lifetime usage > 30,000 miles (since we don't want to replace newly-purchased vehicles)
- Must have an average daily range < 200 miles, so that a vehicle can do a full day's work with one charge
- Must meet 2 of the 6 criteria on lifetime usage, range, efficiency, or savings.
Samsara also currently removes pickup trucks from this evaluation.
Samsara categorizes vehicles to be ripe for electrification with the following distribution:
- Excellent: 5-6 checkmarks
- Good: 3-4 checkmarks
- Okay: 2 checkmarks
Below are two examples of Fleet Electrification report statuses. The first vehicle is in Excellent status for Electrification and the second is in Good status.