Configuring Lane Positions
Before you can enable outward camera Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features, you will need to configure the lane positions of your vehicles. Configuring lane positions is a required activation step for Forward Collision Warning and Unsafe Following Distance. The outward camera ADAS features will only work for vehicles with lane positions configured.
Since a large number of CM Dashcams have off-center installs, we’ve created a Region of Interest (ROI) Configuration tool to allow customers to correct this without reinstalling cameras. On the dashboard, you can configure the following types of ROI:
How to configure lane positions:
- To access this feature, go to Settings and select Cameras & Safety. Find the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) section and toggle this ON.
- Click on Configure Lane Position.
- Search for a specific vehicle’s name or configure lane positions for all vehicles in the fleet.
- Click Edit Lane Position to begin configuring.
- Click on the intersection for the vertical and horizontal region of interest, which includes:
- The approximate center of the lane that the vehicle is currently driving in AND
- The horizon of the road
- You will see a blue horizontal and vertical line appear where you’ve selected.
- You can adjust the lane positions as many times as needed.
- When you are done configuring vehicle(s) on the page, select Apply Changes to save your work.
- Vehicles that have been configured before will have a red DONE badge.
- Vehicles are listed in a static order, alphabetical by device ID
- For optimal results, open your browser on a monitor or large screen
- You may need to re-configure lane positions more than once per vehicle
- Vertical lane positions are difficult to configure when the vehicle is merging or changing lanes, the road is curved, or there is poor visibility. We recommend you check back later for a new still image for these cases.