Congrats on receiving a free trial kit for Manufacturing Analytics! We’re excited to help you get your kit up and running.
Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Connect Your Kit to Power
- Plug in your Manufacturing Analytics enclosure to a power outlet.
Step 2: Mount the Sensor
- The Trial kit comes with a pre-wired sensor and includes the following:
- Sensor (orange cable)
- Mounting bracket
- Nut x2
- Extension cable for the sensor
- Mount the sensor to your production line. The sensor to reflector distance should be less than 1 meter.
- Tip: Ensure the sensor has clear line-of-sight to each product passing by on the line and that the reflector is installed directly across from the sensor. Confirm that the light on the sensor is triggered when an item passes by.
- The sensor should flash orange when your product breaks the beam. If you are getting inconsistent triggering, you may be required to ‘teach’ the sensor.
- Tip: When there is no product in between the reflector and the sensor, there should be no orange light coming from the sensor.
Step 3: Access the Samsara Dashboard
- Visit cloud.samsara.com to verify live data appears in your dashboard. Get your Cloud Manufacturing link from your Samsara contact. The format of your link should be:
- Select your line in the left sidebar and verify that live uptime and downtime data is appearing in the dashboard.
- Filter by the dates you want to see the uptime/downtime for in the “Events” tab:
- Navigate to the Availability tab for the Line
- Run a Report - Go to “Reports” on the left sidebar and select type of report you want to run: Run, Products, Shifts, Lines, or Downtime
- Go to “Reports” on the left sidebar and select type of report you want to run: Run, Products, Shifts, Lines, or Downtime
- Select the Time window you’d like to run the report for on the top right
- Hit “Download CSV” to download the report
Additional Cloud Details:
- Review your general OEE Cloud setup, hardware data sheets, and other resources in this article: Manufacturing Analytics: Initial Setup