Note: If you are interested in using this feature, please reach out to your sales representative to trial this product.
Samsara allows you to connect your Caterpillar powered equipment to the Samsara dashboard, with just a click of a button. By connecting your VisionLink account, Samsara can pull location, engine hours, fuel level, odometer, and fault code information about your equipment.
Features & Functionality:
- View current and historical location, engine hours, fuel level, odometer, and fault code information about your powered equipment
- Set alerts to be alerted about geofence crossing or critical fault code firing
- Schedule usage-based or time-based preventative maintenance schedules on your powered equipment
- Track all of your assets in one platform in order to measure asset usage and improve efficiency (full list of all reports here)
How to turn on this integration:
- Navigate to Settings > Apps
- Click on Caterpillar and type in your VisionLink API credentials.
- Note: These are distinct from your VisionLink login credentials. If you do not have API credentials, please contact your VisionLink administrator - often your dealer - to create one.
- Select all pieces of equipment that you would like to sync between Samsara and VisionLink. Click on "Activate Devices".
- Note: This may take up to 30 minutes to sync between the two systems initially.
- Note: You will need to repeat this step when you would like to add more VisionLink equipment to your Samsara account.
- Voila! Samsara will be polling CAT information every 15 mins or whenever available.
Note: Samsara’s partnership with CAT allows for Samsara to pull data from CAT’s VisionLink platform. This feature is only available on Caterpillar equipment with VisionLink hardware pre-installed and an active VisionLink account. If you are unsure if your equipment can access this feature, please contact your Caterpillar dealer to see if VisionLink is included in your current package.