Why Start Run on the HMI: Get accurate Quality and Performance data
- If Product Runs are not set up, you can only get Downtime Reasons and Availability data)
- Performance & Quality metrics are dependent on Product Runs
As a best practice, operators should always Start/Stop Product Runs via the HMI (How to Start and Stop a Product Run on the HMI) so that you can get accurate Performance and Quality data (versus having to input it after the fact in the Dashboard - see bottom of article to learn how).
One of the first things an operator will do at the beginning of a shift is start a product run. Starting a product run allows us to capture data around performance and quality. To start a product run on the HMI:
- Tap Start Product Run
- Select the Product you want to run from your list of products
- Tap on the Target Quantity field and input how many you plan to produce
- Tap Go, then Start Run to kick off the product run
Once the Product Run is started, you'll see the product bar that indicates your product quantity. The number will increase if it is good production and decrease if it is scrap.
When the product run is finished, tap End Run to stop the product run. You will then be brought back to the main screen of the HMI.
Video walkthrough here.
Download this document if you want to print out a document for your operators to reference.