Why Input Downtime Reasons:
- You will get detailed data on how to improve your Performance & Quality metrics
- Management can get visibility into products produced per labor hour
- Plant Managers can get reliable historical records for downtime to get necessary capital for efficiencies
- Operators can provide managers with insight into what is causing the most issues so improvements can be made
Now, we need to set up downtime reasons that will be selected in the HMI. See steps below:
- Create the Downtime Reason Set (example template)
- These downtime reasons will be displayed on the HMI for the operator to select from when the line goes down.
- Operators can categorize downtime events for up to an hour after they’ve occurred via the HMI.
- Downtime events can be categorized or edited from the cloud dashboard.
- Add the planned and unplanned downtime reasons, nesting as necessary to create the desired structure.
You can speed up the process by downloading the Template and uploading it back. The reasons will populate then you can Save.
- Select Configuration on the left sidebar, Downtime Reason Sets tab, Create Downtime Reason Set on the right, name it, apply it to the line(s), download the template, fill in the template, then re-upload the template, check to make sure all is correct, then save.
Assign the Downtime Reason Set to your Line by going to Line on the left sidebar, Edit Configuration on right, and selecting the template under Downtime Reason Set