Using the Samsara dashboard, you are able to control assets & gain visibility. In the dashboard, the Overview page shows the status of the assets (ie. assets, pressures, valve position, flows and asset levels). In the Control page, assets can be manually turned off, on, or set to Auto mode based off of adjustable set points. Valve position can also be adjusted from the Control dashboard.
Control Dashboard Overview:
The control dashboard has three sections, Set point Summary, Set point entry area and a control monitoring graph.
- Control Summary: Shows what values the set points are currently configured to. These values reflect the current status of the program.
- Set point Entry Area: Enables the user to change what value the set points are configured too.
- Control Monitoring Graph: Shows the performance of the assets and control as well as how the set points affect the usage of the assets.
Control Variables in the Control Summary and Control Monitoring Graphs:
The following example variables are in the Control Summary:
- Asset1HighSetPoint: The ‘off’ set point for Asset 1. When the asset reaches this level, asset 1 will turn off while in auto mode.
- Asset1LowSetPoint: The ‘on’ set point for Asset 1. When the asset falls to this level, asset 1 will turn on while in auto mode.
- Asset2HighSetPoint : The ‘off’ set point for Asset 2. When the asset reaches this level, asset 2 will turn off while in auto mode.
- Asset2LowSetPoint: The ‘on’ set point for Asset 1. When the asset falls to this level, asset 1 will turn on while in auto mode.
- ASSETNAME - asset Level: Live level of the asset
- Asset1Status: On or off status of Asset1. 0 = off, 1 = on
- Asset2Status: On or off status of Asset2. 0 = off, 1 = on
- AssetMode1: Asset 1 mode. See section ‘Setting the Asset mode’
- AssetMode2: Asset 2 mode. See section ‘Setting the Asset mode’
- Valve Position: Valve Position: See section ‘Setting the Valve Position’
Changing a Control Value:
To change a control value in the dashboard:
- Go to the Control Dashboard. In the Setpoint Entry Area, find the value you would like to change.
- Enter the number in the text box and hit set. Note: It is important that the new setpoint value appears in the Control Summary table at the top of the dashboard after hitting ‘Set’.
- If the value does not change in the Control Summary Area, the program has not accepted the value. If the value does not change, wait a few moments and try again.
- After setting a value you may refresh the page using your browser to see if the value has changed in the Control Summary Table if it does not automatically do so after 5 seconds. Only change one value at a time and wait for the change to reflect in the Control Summary Table.
Setting the Asset Mode:
The mode of assets can be configured through set points on the Control dashboard. There are 3 asset modes that can be used which are selected using the mode number.
- -1 = Off: In mode -1, the selected asset is not running. It will not turn on when the asset falls below the set point. This can be used to turn off an asset at any time.
- 1 = On: In mode 1, the selected asset is running. The asset will run regardless of the level of the asset.
- 2 = Auto: In mode 2, the asset is running in Auto mode. The asset will turn on if the level of the asset drops below the ‘Low Set point’ for that asset and stop running after the level of the asset reaches the ‘High Set point’. The asset will not run again until it has fallen below the ‘Low Set point’
Setting the Valve Position:
The valve can be set using the Valve position setpoint. This is a 0% to 100% value. 0% is fully closed, 100% is fully open.