Installation requirement checklist
This article will provide you an overview of the requirements to successfully deploy the Samsara Industrial Gateway (IG). The most common installation challenges revolve around the physical, electrical, and communication requirements of the IG. Please review the requirements below and verify that your environment meets these requirements for a successful installation.
- Physical Requirements:
- Gateway dimensions
- IG21: 180mm x 118mm x 32mm (7.09in x 4.65in x 1.26in)
- 286mm height (11.25”) if antennas are attached to IG directly
- IG61: 117mm x 148.5mm x 106 mm (4.06in x 5.87in x 4.17in)
- Expansion card: 30mm x 139mm x 100mm (1.18in x 5.47in x 3.93in)
- DIN rail tool-less mounting
- Ensure that there is available space on a DIN rail where the IG is to be installed
- If using the IG inside a metal enclosure, confirm pathway for cabling for an external antenna antenna to be mounted
- Power Requirements:
- Rated voltage: The IG requires 10-28 VDC.
- Alternatively, a power block is provided for 110 VAC power
- Power block dimensions: 51mm x 96mm x 38mm (2” x 3.75” x 1.5”).
- Note: Ensure 110VAC for a 10-28VDC power is available, with space for the power supply or wire 24V directly to the IG
- Communication Requirements:
- For Ethernet/IP or Modbus TCP communication, ensure that there is an available RJ45 port or Ethernet Switch within reach of the IG
- For cellular, ensure sufficient signal from AT&T at installation point
- If installing an antenna externally, ensure signal from external point
- For wireless sensors, ensure placement of 30m or less from the IG, line of sight.
Privacy & data retention
Samsara holds data security and privacy to the highest standards and invests continuously in infrastructure and processes to provide you with the most secure solutions in the industry. You can read about ourand our .