Samsara IG61 introduction
IG61 hardware activation
- On the device there will be a panel with 2 screws. Remove the screws and plate to expose the backplane connector port.
- Install the shield (plate with big yellow caution sticker) using the 4 black screws included with the backplane.
- Connect the backplane to the IG61 by sliding the connector through the opening in the shield. Secure in place using the silver screws included with the backplane. The unit may not work without the screws installed. Ensure that the backplane clips on either side are pushed down into the IG61.
- The clear tab located on the IO card will provide more information about configuration such dip switch orientation for specifying voltage or current input. Review this before installing card to ensure card is correctly configured.
- Align sliders on top and bottom edges of IO card with IG61 then gently slide the IO card(s) into place on the backplane. Push down clips into place for each card. These clips ground the card to the IG61, the card will not work if these are not firmly clipped into place.
6. The module number is configured using the red dial on the face of the IO card. The initial position of 0 in the first card, and 1 in the second card, can be seen below. The bubble is always on the left of side of the selected module number.
- Unbox the 24V power source and connect the cable with the green, white, and black wire to the AC side of the power source. Do not plug the cable in to a live power source until instructed. Make sure wiring is completely verified before turning on. The color code is:
- Locate the power block (connector) that came with the IG61. It may already be inserted into the left side of the IG61. This will be used to connect the power source to the IG61. Using 2 wires, connect the + from the DC side of the power source to the first port on the power block (V1+) then connect the - to the second power on the power block (V1-).
- Now insert the power block into the IG61 and confirm the screws on the power block are tight and the wires will not slip out.
- Install the antennas to their respective ports:
- LTE - LTE Main and Aux (for cellular connection)
- 2.4GHz - WiFi and Bluetooth (for WiFi and Bluetooth connection)
- Navigate to your organization’s Settings > Gateways
- Locate your IG and click on the 3 dots on the right side of the page
- Select Inputs, this will take you to a new page which should be empty
- On this page, select Add New Module. A pop up will prompt you for two things:
- ID (slot number): This is the number selected using the red dial on the front of the IO card
- Type: From the drop down menu, select which type of card you are installing
Note: If cards are not responsive, try removing them and cycling power to the IG61. Also, be sure to set the module ID before reinstalling the IO card into the backplane.