Samsara is committed to building for the long-term, which also includes building sustainability. We know that electric vehicles are the future of transportation, so we now offer a way to manage and maintain this growth through our Dashboard.
For Fleets that are operating electric vehicles, Samsara now enables you to get additional visibility into these vehicles and manage energy consumption, efficiency, and usage.
How it works
View real-time state of charge (SOC)
Inform your dispatch and operations by viewing real-time state of charge for supported electric vehicles.
Please reference Dispatching Drivers.
You can also pair this functionality with the charging map overlay in order to find nearby charging stations for your EVs that may have a low SOC value.
Set alerts for low state-of-charge values
Create an alert that can notify you if SOC falls below a particular percentage, so that you can ensure vehicles are being properly charged
EV efficiency report
Compare general efficiency and carbon emissions across all vehicles in your fleet. For electric vehicles, we also provide information about energy consumption and % driving electric.
Electric Vehicle Diagnostics Coverage
See here for Samsara's electric vehicle make/model support matrix. (Note: you must be signed in to the Knowledge Base in order to see this page)
We plan to continue to add support for more vehicles over time. If you do not see the new diagnostics information for state of charge and energy consumption coming through for your vehicles, please submit feedback to our product team, and they'll be happy to investigate. You can find the "Feedback" button at the bottom-right corner of your dashboard.
- Why am I not seeing any information for my Nissan Leafs?
- Samsara EV features rely on VIN classification. You may need to manually type your VIN into the dashboard for Samsara's VGs to properly operate.
- If you have a Nissan Leaf of year 2011-2017, we have a special cable to help read this information. If you fall under this category, please send a note to email@example.com to request a cable swap.
- Why am I not seeing odometer information for my Chevrolet Bolts?
- If you have a Chevrolet Bolt of year 2017-2018, we have a special cable to help read this information. If you fall under this category, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a cable swap.
- Why am I not seeing state of charge information for my vehicles, even though this states that this vehicle should be supported?
- Samsara is gradually rolling out all features to customers. We expect to complete this rollout by the week of Feb 20, 2020.
- If you have not driven since February 6, 2020, we may not have yet connected to your vehicle. On your next drive, you should see information flowing in for these vehicle types as part of the latest over-the-air firmware release.
Please reference the Troubleshooting Guide.