Your IG61 unit should come with the following devices
(1) 24V DC Power Supply
(1) IG61 Gateway
(3) Antennas (LTE, 2.4Ghz, 915Mhz)
Based on your use-case and purchase, you may have the following items:
IO Card(s) - Analog Input/Analog Output/Digital
Additional 24V Power Supply
Assembling the IG61
Assembling the IG61 will be the first step in getting started. If you purchased a standalone IG61 without any IO Cards or backplane you may skip to Powering On The IG21. Otherwise please follow along.
This step must be completed before the IG61 is powered on to avoid any potential hardware damage.
First orient the IG61 so the barcode in the lower-right corner is facing you and the serial number is upright. (The SAMSARA lettering should be sideways).
- On the right side of the device towards the back there will be a panel with 2 screws. Remove the screws and plate to expose the backplane connector port.
- Install the shield (Plate with big yellow Caution sticker) using the 4 black screws included with the backplane.
- Connect the backplane to the IG61 by sliding the connector through the opening in the shield. And secure in place using silver screws included with the backplane.
- Assign a card number to the IO cards using the reddish dial on the front of the plane. (Although it is not required, we recommend using 0 for the first slot, 1 for the second slot, and so on. )
- Slide the IO card(s) into place on the backplane.
Congratulations! You’re IG61 is now fully assembled and ready to be powered up
Powering the IG61
Using the 24V power source, we will supply the IG61 with a reliable source of power. If a 24V source is readily available in a panel then you may use that instead.
- Unbox the 24V power source and connect the cable with the green, white, and black wire to the AC side of the power source. Do not plug in the cable to a live power source until the next step. Make sure wiring is completely verified before turning on.
The color code is as follows:
- Locate the power block that came with the IG61 (It may already be inserted into the left side of the IG61) This will be used to connect the power source to the IG61. Using 2 wires, connect the + from the DC side of the power source to the first port on the power block (V1+) then connect the - to the second power on the power block (V1-).
- Now insert the power block into the IG61 and confirm the screws on the power block are tight and the wires will not slip out.
Note: Redundant power supply can be installed using V2+ and V2-
Connecting the IG61
Up to this point the IG61 should be fully assembled and connected to the power source but not yet powered on. The final steps are getting the IG61 connected to the cloud and added to your dashboard.
- Install the antennas to their respective ports
LTE - LTE (For cellular connection)
2.4GHz - WiFi (For WiFi connection)
915Mhz(sub_g) - 915MHz (For Radio Connections)
- Plug the power source into a 120VAC wall receptacle. If everything is powered correctly, the light on the front of the IG61 should turn green. While the device runs its initialization we can turn to the cloud.
- If this is your first Samsara device and you do NOT have an organization, please go to www.samsara.com/activate to create an organization and assign your IG61. If you already have Samsara devices and would like to add your IG61 to an existing organization, please navigate to your organization’s settings page and select gateways from the options on the left side of your screen. Once you see your existing gateways select Activate Devices from the top right corner. You will be prompted to enter the serial number of your new device. (This is the 10 character code located on the bottom-right corner of the face of the IG61.)
- Once you’re device is added and it finishes initialization, you should see a green light next to your newly added IG61 on the cloud. (The light may be grey while the device finishes initialization, give the device up to 10 minutes to connect).
NOTE: If the device takes longer than 10 minutes to connect please double check that the antennas are installed properly and you have a reliable cellular connection. If it does not resolve please contact support at www.samsara.com/support
Configuring the IG61
Now that the gateway is assembled, powered on, and connected to the cloud, we must configure the IO cards.
- Navigate to your organization’s Settings section on cloud.samsara.com (Gear icon in the top right corner)
- Select Gateways from the options on the left
- Locate your gateway and click on the 3 dots on the right side of the page
- Select inputs, this will take you to a new page which should be empty
- On this page, select Add New Module. A pop up will prompt you for two things
ID (Slot number) - This is the number selected using the reddish dial on the front of the IO Card
Type - From the drop down menu select which type of card you are installing.
Repeat these steps for each additional card.
NOTE: If cards are not responsive, try removing them and cycling power to the IG61. Also, be sure to set the Module ID before re installing the IO card into the backplane.