You can now proactively identify cameras experiencing health issues and take action to remedy them. This dashboard primarily measures health based on “trip recording uptime” which is defined by the % of the time the vehicle is on an active trip AND the camera is successfully recording. We also track other metrics including vehicle gateway stability - you can see an overview of the various health states below.
Access and Permissions
This page is accessible by Full Admins only - currently, Read-Only Admins are not able to view this page.
This feature will be available to customers in the upcoming weeks. To access this page, navigate to Settings > Camera Health. Please keep in mind, data in the table will be delayed 2 days to enhance page performance.
- This page shows all vehicle gateways which have been connected to a camera at least once.
- The Summary section (at the top) provides an overview of camera health across the fleet. The total % includes: Healthy, Monitor, Needs Attention, Camera Disconnected.
- Note: Inactive and Newly Connected devices are excluded from the summary total, but are visible in the table (by selecting the appropriate filter).
- The Hover State on each Camera Status provides more details about the health state and why the camera is labeled in that state.
- The Recommended Action column provides a brief explanation of the camera health state and the suggested action the customer can take to remedy the situation. Please find descriptions of the “Recommended Actions” below:
- Recent firmware upgrade. Check back later.
- Camera recently had an over-the-air change pushed to improve performance. Check back later to see if issues are resolved.
- Limited trip activity. Check back later.
- Vehicle has less than 4 hours of total trip time over the last 7 days. Check back later after more vehicle trips.
- Recording issues detected. Contact Support.
- The camera is experiencing a low recording uptime.
- Too many camera reboots. Contact Support.
- The camera is experiencing excessive reboots.
- Camera may be disconnected. Check cable.
- Camera could potentially be physically disconnected. Check the installation of your CM. If the issue is not resolved, contact Support.
- VG stability issues detected. Contact Support.
- The VG is experiencing performance issues which is affecting the recording of the camera. Check the installation of the VG. If the issue is not resolved, contact Support.
- Needs Attention:
- Healthy, Newly Connected, and Inactive devices have no action required, therefore the column is blank for these cases.
- Use the Download a CSV button to export a snapshot of fleet camera health. This CSV includes additional columns of information and may be useful for offline analysis or tracking purposes.
- HEALTHY: Camera is recording as expected.
- NEWLY CONNECTED: Camera has been first connected within the last 7 days
- Camera has less than 4 hours of total trip time over the last 7 days.
- Camera has had a firmware upgrade within the last 7 days.
- INACTIVE: No VG trips in the last 7 days. The VG is online but not driving, or the VG may be disconnected.
- CAMERA DISCONNECTED : Camera has not recorded over the last 7 days (including time on-trip and off-trip). This means the camera may be physically disconnected.
- NEEDS ATTENTION :
- Camera recording errors
- VG stability issues
- Camera has not been recording as expected due to:
VG Mounting States
- LOOSE : Over the last 7d, multiple harsh events have been automatically identified as having incorrect accelerometer readings. This indicates the VG is likely loose or un-securely mounted.
- SECURE : Over the last 7d, the vehicle has been actively driving and not triggering any incorrect harsh events.