If a vehicle in your fleet moves and no driver has signed in and selected the vehicle, you can configure an alert to notify you when a vehicle is creating unassigned driving.
To configure Unassigned Driving Alerts:
1. Navigate to the alerts section of your Samsara dashboard> click configure> then scroll down to find Unassigned Driving.
2. Then select whether you want this alert to apply for all vehicles in your fleet, specific tags, or specific vehicles.
3. You can also specify how long the condition should hold before you receive the alert. For example, entering 10 minutes means you will only get the Unassigned Driving alert if the driving remains unassigned for 10 minutes.
4. Schedule allows you to select days and times that you may want to disable alerts.
6. Send Contact Notifications: Select the contact who will be receiving the alerts
- You can select multiple contacts to receive the alerts
- If the contact has a phone and email, once you’ve selected the contact you can choose to use only phone or email by unchecking/checking the boxes
- If the contact is not there you can create a new contact by clicking New
- Enter First Name (required)
- Enter Last Name
- Enter Phone and/or Email (required)
- Click Save
- If you see a contact with the wrong email/phone number you can edit the contact by clicking Manage.
When you receive an alert via email or text, it will appear like this:
To learn more about alert basics please visit: here.